William Robert Sikes
- Born: 6 May 1876, Sikes, Winn, LA
- Marriage: Ella B Thompson
- Died: 23 Dec 1942, Sikes, Winn, LA at age 66
- Buried: Sikes Cemetery, Winn, LA
Noted events in his life were:
• census, 1880, Ward 7, Winn, LA. Name: Robbert Sikes
Home in 1880: 7th Ward, Winn, Louisiana
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1876
Relation to Head of Household: Son
Father's Name: Warren
Father's birthplace: Louisiana
Mother's Name: Ellen
Mother's birthplace: Louisiana
Marital Status: Single
• Obituary. Funeral services for W. R. Sikes, who died at his home December 23, 1942, were held at the Sikes Baptist Church at 3:00 p.m. Christmas Eve, December 24. Rev. Tom Ratcliff, assisted by Rev. Grayson Emmons, officiated at the last rites. Interment was in the Sikes Cemetery.
Mr. Sikes, a lifelong resident of Sikes, La., was born May 6, 1876 and was 66 years, seven months, and 17 days old at the time of his death.
He was one of the civic leaders of his community from his early life until the time of his death. He devoted his time as a church leader and served as clerk of his church as long as his health permitted. He was an ideal father and husband and was loved by all who knew him.
Surviving are his wife, formerly Miss Ella Thompson; one son, H. A. Sikes of Sikes, and one daughter, Mrs. Tommy Barnes of Pineville; the following brothers and sisters: J. W. Sikes, his twin brother of Sikes; I. A. Sikes, Winnsboro; I. W. Sikes of Houston, Texas; Mrs. Edd Thornton, Dodson, La.; and Mrs. Arley Thompson; Enterprise, La.
Published in The Winn Parish Enterprise, December 31, 1942
William married Ella B Thompson. (Ella B Thompson was born on 27 Aug 1887, died on 25 Apr 1977 and was buried in Sikes Cemetery, Winn, LA.)