Shelton Elmo Creed
- Born: 15 Feb 1915, Grant Parish, LA
- Marriage: Helen Harlin
- Died: 28 Feb 2007 at age 92
- Buried: Dry Prong Cemetery, Grant Parish, LA
Noted events in his life were:
• census, 1920, Ward 3, Grant Parish, LA. Name: Shelton Creed
Home in 1920: Police Jury Ward 3, Grant, Louisiana
Age: 6 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1914
Relation to Head of Ause: Son
Father's Name: Auther W
Father's Birth Place: Louisiana
Mother's Name: Fanny
Mother's Birth Place: Louisiana
Marital Status: Single
• census, 1940, Ward 3, Grant Parish, LA. 1940 Census LA Grant E22-5-01
• Obituary, 2007. Services for Mr. Shelton Elmo Creed will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, March 3, 2007 at First Baptist Church, Dry Prong with Reverends Lloyd Whitman and Booty Garlington officiating.
Burial will be in Dry Prong Cemetery, under the direction of Hixson Brothers, Alexandria.
Mr. Creed, 92, of Dry Prong, passed away Wednesday, February 28, 2007 in his residence.
In college he pitched for Northwestern State University (Normal) Baseball Team before serving in World War II in the United States Army. During his working career he worked at Camp Livingston and later was a store clerk at Peg's Grocery in Dry Prong. Mr. Creed was an avid hunter, fisherman and conservationist.
He was preceded in death by his wives, Helen Harlen Rhodes and Lossie Durr; parents, William Arthur and Fannie Arrington Creed; one great grandchild; three brothers, two sisters.
Those left to cherish his memory include his son, Thomas Dwain Creed and wife, Iris; daughter, Helen Virginia Deville and husband, Mickey; step-sons, Col. Dave Durr and Robert W. Durr; brother, William Creed; grandchildren, Susan Charrier, Sharon Dousay, Shane Deville, Michelene Deville Thibodeaux; six great- grandchildren and one great- great grandchild.
Friends may call Friday at First Baptist Church, Dry Prong from 5 p.m. until 9p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. until service time.
Shelton married Helen Harlin. (Helen Harlin was born on 27 Mar 1917, died on 21 Mar 2005 and was buried in Dry Prong Cemetery, Grant Parish, LA.)