John Alton Chelette Sr
- Born: 31 May 1930, Grant Parish, LA
- Marriage (1): Norma D
- Marriage (2): Mary
- Died: 24 Jun 2012 at age 82
- Buried: Hebron Cemetery, Dry Prong, Grant Parish, LA
Noted events in his life were:
• census, 1940, Ward 3, Grant Parish, LA. 1940 Census LA Grant E22-5-16
• Obituary, 2012. Funeral services for Mr. John A. Chelette will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, June 29, 2012 in the Chapel of Rush Funeral Home, Pineville with Reverends Lloyd Whitman and Dick Debusk officiating. Interment will be in Hebron Baptist Church Cemetery, Dry Prong, Louisiana, under the direction of Rush Funeral Home, Pineville.
Mr. Chelette, age 82, of Trout, entered eternal rest on Sunday, June 24, 2012 at his residence.
He was a native of Colfax. He was a member of the Church of Christ. He was a U.S. Army Veteran. He was a retired Safety Engineer in the Pipeline Industry, previously working for Cleco, La. Intrastate Gas Corp. (LIG) and Boh Bros. Construction.
He is preceded in death by his wife, Norma Delage Chelette; parents, Dewey and Wilma Chelette.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Chelette of Trout; six sons, John Chelette, Jr. (Susan), Michael Chelette, Murry Chelette (Tammy) of Centerville, Ohio, Honore' Chelette of Port Allen, Gene Locke (Nancy) of Springfield and Melvin Locke (Karla) of Walker; two daughters, Annette Chelette of Baton Rouge, Rhonda Weglowski (Ted) of Dallas, Texas; two daughter-in-laws, Patty Chelette of Houston, Texas and Judy Daigle of Dallas, Texas; grandchildren, Harmony Rainwater (Brad), Rachel Chelette, James Chelette, Murry Chelette, Jr., Andrew Chelette and Nancy Chelette.
Friends may call at Rush Funeral Home, Pineville, on Thursday, June 28, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. and on Friday, June 29, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. until time of service.
Friends may post online messages of condolence for the Chelette family by visiting www.rushfh.com
John married Norma D. (Norma D was born on 27 Aug 1932, died on 3 Oct 2000 and was buried in Hebron Cemetery, Dry Prong, Grant Parish, LA.)
John next married Mary.