Polly Ann Sophronie Sikes
- Born: 27 Feb 1874, Jackson Parish, LA
- Marriage: John Thomas Prince
- Died: 21 Feb 1955 at age 80
- Buried: Fellowship Cemetery, Sikes, Winn, LA
Noted events in her life were:
• census, 1900, Ward 5, Winn, LA. Name: Polly A Prince
Home in 1900: Police Jury Ward 5, Jackson, Louisiana
Birth Date: Feb 1874
Relationship to Head of House: Wife
Father's Birthplace: Louisiana
Mother's Birthplace: Mississippi
Mother: number of living children: 4
Mother: How many children: 4
Spouse's Name: John
Marriage year: 1891
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 9
Residence : Ward 5, Jackson, Louisiana
• Obituary, 1955. Last rites for Mrs. Polly Ann Prince, 81, native of Dodson, who died at the home of her daughter in El Dorado, Feb. 21, were held Tuesday at the Fellowship Baptist Church, near Dodson, with Dr. John H. Hooks of El Dorado officiating. Burial was in the Fellowship Cemetery.
Mrs. Prince, wife of the late Johnnie Prince, had been in ill health for the past six years and had made her home with her daughter in El Dorado for several years.
She is survived by two daughters and seven sons, as follows, Mrs. E. C. Murray, Clinton Prince, and Curtis Prince, all of Shreveport; Mrs. D. C. Kirkland, El Dorado; Dr. B. E. Prince, Hattiesburg, Miss.; Dr. K. C. Prince, Carthage, Tex.; Ellis Prince, Winnfield; E. D. Prince, Dodson, and E. C. Prince of Mobile, Ala., and a host of grandchildren and great grandchildren. Two brothers also survive, J. R. Sikes of Winnfield and Joe Sikes of Baton Rouge.
Acting as pallbearers were grandsons, John C. Prince, Bobby Joe King, Carl Brewster, Alton Byrd, Chester Lee Kirkland, and Edsel Prince.
Published in The Winn Parish Enterprise, February 24, 1955
Polly married John Thomas Prince, son of Christopher H Prince and Amanda Jane Tullos. (John Thomas Prince was born on 4 Sep 1869 in Jackson Parish, LA, died on 12 Jul 1923 and was buried in Fellowship Cemetery, Sikes, Winn, LA.)