Robert Clinton Murry
- Born: 14 Sep 1914, Union Parish, LA
- Marriage: Eloise R Nale on 17 Sep 1943
- Died: 12 Dec 2009 at age 95
- Buried: Bird's Chapel, Truxno, Union, LA
Noted events in his life were:
• census, 1930, Ward 6, Union Parish, LA. Name: Clenton R Murry
Home in 1930: Police Jury Ward 6, Union, Louisiana
Estimated birth year: abt 1915
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Brooks R
Mother's name: Ethel
• SSN Death Database, 2009. Name: Robert C. Murry
Last Residence: 71260 Marion, Union, Louisiana
Born: 4 Sep 1914
Died: 12 Dec 2009
State (Year) SSN issued: Louisiana (Before 1951)
• Obituary. Funeral services for Robert C. Murry, 95 of Oakland, were held Dec. 16 at 1 p.m. at Kilpatrick Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Johnny Hankins officiating. Burial followed in Birds Chapel Cemetery under the direction of Kilpatrick Funeral Home in Farmerville.
Murry was born on Sept. 4, 1914 and passed away on Dec. 12. He attended Farmerville United Methodist Church and served in the United States Army.
He was preceded in death by his wife Eloise Murry, parents Robert Brooks Murray and wife Ethel; and, brother, Leonard Murray.
He is survived by his sister, Lillian Cruse of Farmerville; daughters, Margie Morgan and husband Charles of Lebanon, Tenn.; Robbie M. Alford of Oakland; grandchildren, Kelsie Powell and husband Scott; Clint Morgan and wife Amanda; Rollin Alford and wife Cherub; Ryan Alford and wife Ginger; and five great-grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Bennie Murray, Tony Murray, Ricky Alford, Lee Royce Alford, Max Nale and Stan Owens.
Honorary pallbearers were the men of the Fellowship Sunday school class at Farmerville United Methodist Church.
Visitation was held Dec. 15 from 4-6 p.m. at Kilpatrick Funeral Home in Farmerville.
Published The Gazette, Farmerville LA Dec 23, 2009
Robert married Eloise R Nale, daughter of Abner Green Nale and Burnie L Harrell, on 17 Sep 1943. (Eloise R Nale was born on 23 Aug 1923, died on 5 Feb 2002 and was buried in Bird's Chapel, Truxno, Union, LA.)