John Franklin Webster Sikes
- Born: 2 Oct 1876, Sikes, Winn, LA
- Marriage (1): Laura M Peppers
- Marriage (2): Laura M
- Died: 4 Apr 1943, Sikes, Winn, LA at age 66
- Buried: Sikes Cemetery, Winn, LA
Noted events in his life were:
• census, 1880, Winn Parish, LA. Name: John W. Sikes
Home in 1880: 3rd and 7th Ward, Winn, Louisiana
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1876
Relation to Head of Household: Son
Father's Name: Jehen E.
Father's birthplace: Mississippi
Mother's Name: Lucy A.
Mother's birthplace: Mississippi
Neighbors: View others on page
Marital Status: Single
• census, 1920, Ward 3, Winn, LA. Name: John F W Sikes
Home in 1920: Police Jury Ward 3, Winn, Louisiana
Age: 43 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1877
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Laura
Father's Birth Place: Mississippi
Mother's Name: Susa A Sebas
Mother's Birth Place: Mississippi
Marital Status: Married
Home owned: Own
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
John F W Sikes 43
Laura Sikes 38
Rosa Sikes 21
Berta Sikes 19
Della Sikes 16
Ethel Sikes 10
Susan A Sikes 79 [mother]
• Obituary. J. F. W. Sikes, 67 year old native of Winn Parish and resident of Sikes, was claimed by death Sunday afternoon following an illness of two years. Funeral services were conducted Monday afternoon at the Sikes Baptist Church by Rev. Ratliff, the pastor, assisted by Rev. Dow Emmons and Rev. Joe Adams. Interment was in the Sikes Cemetery.
Pallbearers were Bryant Strozier, Dave Simmons, Morgan Peppers, Evan Prince, Curtis Prince, and Iley Simmons.
Mr. Sikes was a Winn Parish farmer and until 20 years ago at which time he entered the drug business at Sikes. Due to ill health he retired from active work two years ago. The deceased was a member of the Baptist Church.
Mr. Sikes leaves his wife, the former Miss Laura Peppers, of Sikes; three daughters, Mrs. Rosa Simmons of Sikes, Mrs. Bertie Crain of Shreveport, and Mrs. Ethel Hathorn of Alexandria; 13 grandchildren; two brothers, J. R. Sikes of Gaars Mill and Joe Sikes of Anchors, La.; and two sisters, Mrs. J. T. Prince of Shreveport and Mrs. R. D. Crain of Sikes.
Published in The Winn Parish Enterprise, April 8, 1943
John married Laura M Peppers. (Laura M Peppers was born on 17 May 1882 and died on 31 Oct 1901.)
John next married Laura M. (Laura M was born on 22 Jul 1879 in LA, died on 3 Jul 1971 and was buried in Sikes Cemetery, Winn, LA.)