Sarah Ann Edith Sikes
- Born: 12 Jun 1861, Winn Parish, LA
- Marriage: Reuben Dixon Crain on 8 Jan 1880 in Sikes, Winn, LA
- Died: 2 Apr 1947, West Monroe, Ouachita. LA at age 85
- Buried: Fellowship Cemetery, Sikes, Winn, LA
Noted events in her life were:
• census, 1870, Winnfield, Winn Parish, LA. Name: Sarah Sikes
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1861
Age in 1870: 9
Home in 1870: Ward 9, Winn, Louisiana
Post Office: Winnfield
• Obituary, 1947. Mrs. R. D. Crain, 86, of Sikes, died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. E. C. Adams, of West Monroe, Wednesday, April 2, after an illness of several months.
Funeral services were held at the Fellowship Baptist Church of near Sikes Thursday, at 3 p.m.
Before her marriage Mrs. Crain was Miss Sarah Ann Edith Sikes, a member of a well known family of Winn Parish.
Surviving are three sons, I. D., and L. D. Crain of Sikes; W. A. Crain of Dodson, Rt. 1; five daughters, Mrs. W. L. Prince, Mrs. Iona Young, and Mrs. R. C. Johnson of Sikes, Mrs. E. C. Adams of West Monroe, and Mrs. L. J. Womack of Rt. 1, Dodson; one sister, Mrs. Polly Ann Prince of Shreveport; and two brothers, Redden Sikes of Farmerville and Joe Sikes of Baton Rouge. She also leaves a large number of grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Mrs. Crain was a member of the Fellowship Baptist Church.
Published in The Winn Parish Enterprise, April 3, 1947
Sarah married Reuben Dixon Crain on 8 Jan 1880 in Sikes, Winn, LA. (Reuben Dixon Crain was born on 12 Jun 1857 in Columbia, AR, died on 23 Apr 1937 and was buried in Fellowship Cemetery, Sikes, Winn, LA.)