Reuben Dixon Crain
- Born: 12 Jun 1857, Columbia, AR
- Marriage: Sarah Ann Edith Sikes on 8 Jan 1880 in Sikes, Winn, LA
- Died: 23 Apr 1937 at age 79
- Buried: Fellowship Cemetery, Sikes, Winn, LA
Noted events in his life were:
• Obituary. Reuben D. Crain, better known as "Uncle Buddy" Crain, died at his home near Sikes last Friday afternoon following a stroke of paralysis suffered by him about four weeks ago.
He was born in Columbia County, Arkansas on June 10 [sic 12], 1857 and moved to Sikes where he has resided since he was 12 years old. As a member of the Fellowship Church, which he joined in his early youth, he was among its most faithful and consecrated always attending services whenever possible.
Mr. Crain was married to Miss Sarah Sikes on January 8, 1880 and to them nine children were born, eight of whom survive him. They are Mrs. W. L. Prince, Mrs. Iona Young, I. D. Crain, W. A. Crain, all of Sikes, Mrs. E. C. Adams, Monroe, Mrs. L. L. Womack, Dodson, and Mrs. R. C. Johnson, Wyatt.
Funeral services were held the following day conducted by the Rev. J. D. Mize, pastor of Fellowship Church and interment was made in the church cemetery.
Pallbearers were the grandsons of the deceased: Kermit Crain, Oswald Adams, Marvin Crain, Gaylord Young, R. D. Young, and Ross Prince.
Published in The Winn Parish Enterprise, April 30, 1937
Reuben married Sarah Ann Edith Sikes, daughter of Jehu Evan Sikes and Lucy Ann Shows, on 8 Jan 1880 in Sikes, Winn, LA. (Sarah Ann Edith Sikes was born on 12 Jun 1861 in Winn Parish, LA, died on 2 Apr 1947 in West Monroe, Ouachita. LA and was buried in Fellowship Cemetery, Sikes, Winn, LA.)